Eliminate Excess Skin and Show Off Your Arms Again
Many people suffer from excess arm skin between their elbow and their underarm area. This can cause discomfort and difficulty wearing certain clothing, as well as an aesthetically unpleasing appearance. Excessive arm skin and tissue can be a family trait/genetic, a result of aging or due to massive weight loss. Whatever the cause, an arm lift can help to correct this issue and give you shapely, contoured arms. Often paired with other body contouring procedures such as abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) or breast reduction, an arm lift (brachioplasty) is a great option for those in good health who have excess skin and fat tissue that sags from the underside of the arm.
Depending on the quality of your skin and amount of tissue that needs to be removed, Dr. Bosbous is the Best Surgeon for Arm Lift and may suggest liposuction to the area as well. His consultations are always highly individualized and he strives to meet each patient’s unique needs and desires. Dr. Bosbous takes pride in building trusting relationships with his arm lift patients in the Milwaukee area and enjoys helping them reach their body contouring goals.
Am I a Good Candidate for the Best Arm Lift Surgery Milwaukee?
There are several benefits of an arm lift procedure. Your brachioplasty surgery may positively affect the following areas:
- Arm shape/size/contour
- Arm movement/mobility
- Personal hygiene
Arm Lift Procedure
Brachioplasty is performed as an outpatient procedure at an accredited hospital or surgical center. Typically lasting 2-3 hours, the procedure requires an incision to be made along the inside or posterior aspect of the arm from the elbow to the underarm area. Excess fat and skin will be removed, sometimes with the addition of liposuction. Dr. Bosbous will make every effort to minimize scar length and maximize scar healing, however patients should be aware that the scars from this Best Arm Lift Surgery will be visible depending on the position of their arm. During the pre-operative consultation, Dr. Bosbous will specifically review scar position with you.
To view before and after photos of arm lift patients click here.
Arm Lift Recovery and Results
Arm muscles are not affected by the brachioplasty procedure. You will need to elevate your arms for the first few days after surgery. To minimize swelling and assist with healing you will be placed into a compression garment/dressing. Common complications from brachioplasty may include but are not limited to prolonged swelling and bruising, infection or delayed wound healing. Dr. Bosbous will give you personalized care instructions in an attempt to minimize complications. After an arm lift procedure, patients typically return to work and light activity in 7-10 days and are able to resume exercise and more vigorous activity after 3-4 weeks.
To get started on your Best Arm Lift Surgery in Milwaukee, contact us today to schedule a confidential and complimentary consultation and get the process going!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Procedure For Saggy Arms?
How Do I Prepare For A Brachioplasty?
– Schedule an appointment with your plastic surgeon so that you can get detailed information about the procedure and determine if it is appropriate for you.
– Stop smoking in preparation for surgery
– You could be required to stop taking some medications on a temporary basis because they raise the risk of bleeding during surgery, such as aspirin.
– Before the surgery, your surgeon may provide you with instructions regarding your medications, diet, and skincare. Following these instructions will improve the likelihood of a positive surgical outcome.
What Are The Restrictions After An Arm Lift?
Surgeons recommend waiting at least six weeks after surgery before engaging in activities like aerobics, sit-ups, jogging, driving, and weight training. Additionally, you should refrain from heavy lifting for the next six weeks. Doctors also advise their patients to wear compression garments for three to six weeks as they allow arms to recover properly by providing support. Moreover, they help control side effects like swelling or bruising.
What Are The Different Types Of Arm Lifts Surgery?
The types of arm lift surgery are listed below:
- Traditional Arm Lift- From the armpit to the elbow, the surgeon removes a significant amount of skin and fat. For patients who have substantial amounts of extra skin and fat on their upper arm this surgery is the option that works best.
- Extended Arm Lift- The surgeon removes loose skin and fatty tissue from beneath the arm and also addresses areas on the side of the body.
- Hidden Arm Lift- This surgery requires a surgical incision that can be made in the underarm crease and is occasionally combined with liposuction. This procedure can be a good option for people who have loose skin and mild amounts of fat.
- Liposuction- This surgery is capable of reshaping the arm. A small incision is necessary, and the recovery period is quick. Patients who have good skin elasticity, a small amount of excess skin, and little to no fat typically select for liposuction treatment.
- CoolSculpting- This nonsurgical treatment doesn’t really address loose, hanging skin, but is frequently performed if a small portion of fat needs to be reduced.
How Much Time Does It Take To Recover After An Arm Lift Surgery?
How Long Does Arm Lift Surgery Take?
How Do I Sleep After An Arm Lift?
How To Reduce The Swelling After An Arm Lift?
– Maintain an arm’s height above your heart level.
– Avoid exhausting activities and lifting heavy weights.
– Wear compression clothing.
– Apply cold compresses or ice packs to the incision area.
– Follow a proper diet and drink plenty of water.
– Gently massage the treatment area to improve circulation
– Observe and follow all the postoperative instructions that your surgeon has provided.
How Can I Reduce Scar Tissue After An Arm Lift?
– After your surgery, massaging the scar can assist in the breakdown and soften the scar tissue which will eventually make it less noticeable.
– Avoid going outside in the sun as exposure can darken scars and make them more noticeable. While going outside your house in the sun, use sunblock and properly cover the affected area.
– It’s important to avoid stretching or picking at the scar because doing so could lead to more damage and scarring.
– To minimise the risk of infection and scarring, keep the incision clean and covered with a bandage or dressing as instructed by your surgeon.
– You may also use silicone to make your scars look better. Silicone products such as silicone gel or tape, are frequently effective at softening and enhancing the appearance of scars.
It’s extremely important to stick to your surgeon’s postoperative instructions regarding how to take care of the incision and to seek medical help if you see any indications of infection or abnormal healing.
Consult A Doctor Online Now!
- Testimonials -
What People Say
"Dr. Bosbous and his team exceeded all my expectations. I am a year post-op, and I am delighted with my results. What you can expect: thorough, thoughtful explanation of the process; compassion and respect; professionalism and yet approachable, friendly demeanor."
- Kara N.
"Everything about my procedure was wonderful. I could not be happier."
- Amy K.
"The absolute best experience ever! So friendly, professional and knowledgeable. My results are excellent! The whole process went smoothly without complications. I see the results that I went in for."
- Kim N.
"Absolutely loving my post op results! Dr. Bosbous and his entire staff made me feel very comfortable and validated my concerns from the get go. I'm very happy with my decision to have surgery AND to have Dr. Bosbous perform it. Thank you!!!"
- Shellie S.
"The whole experience was wonderful. The medical staff is so caring and Dr. Bosbous is extremely skilled. I love my results."
- Amy L.