Get That Youthful Perkiness Back with a Breast Lift in Milwaukee
Weight gain/loss, pregnancy, nursing, or natural changes with aging may have caused your breasts to settle in a way that makes you unhappy. Using a mastopexy procedure, Dr. Bosbous can help restore your breasts to a more lifted, youthful position and if necessary, reduce the size of/reposition your areola. Depending on your desired results, an implant may be used to make your breasts more symmetric or restore their volume. (This is known as “mastopexy augmentation.”) If you are in the Milwaukee area and are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts, Dr. Bosbous may be able to help with a mastopexy or mastopexy augmentation procedure.
Dr. Bosbous is happy to offer his patients a short scar procedure known as the SPAIR technique. The technique developed by his former fellowship director, the well-known and respected breast plastic surgeon Dr. Hammond, allows Dr. Bosbous to reduce the length of scar needed to perform the mastopexy or mastopexy augmentation procedure. Combining this procedure with others can create a total body makeover. A mastopexy combined with a tummy tuck is often referred to as a “Mommy Makeover.” The doctor will discuss all of these options with his Milwaukee breast lift patients during their one-on-one consultations.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Breast Lift in Milwaukee?
Women in the Milwaukee area may experience a number of positive benefits resulting from their breast lift including:
- A more youthful breast position
- Reduction in the size of the areola (the areola can often become stretched and change shape as the breast ages)
- A change in the position of the nipple areolar complex
- Removal of excess or lax breast skin
- A change in breast size and shape offering a more youthful and proportionate look
Breast Lift from Dr. Bosbous
Breast lifts are performed as an outpatient procedure in an accredited surgical center or hospital. Dr. Bosbous takes pride in the thoughtfulness and attention to detail he brings to every procedure he performs. The surgery will take 3-4 hours, and some minor discomfort may be experienced after the procedure. Dr. Bosbous makes every effort to minimize the risks associated with mastopexy, and he takes great care in helping his patients achieve their aesthetic breast surgery goals.
The Breast Lift Procedure
As mentioned, breast lift surgery is typically performed as an outpatient procedure in an accredited surgical center or hospital. Depending on the needs and comfort of the patient, breast lift procedures can be performed with either local or general anesthesia, and Dr. Bosbous will discuss which one might be the more appropriate choice for your needs and desired results.
There are three basic breast lift incision types:
- Around the areola: This incision pattern makes two circular incisions around the areola. This technique has the added benefit of hiding the incision line on the “seam” between the areola and the breast.
- Around the areola and down vertically: In this incision pattern, an incision is made around the areola and then down towards the crease of the breast. This gives surgeons more access to the tissues of the breast in order to make more significant changes.
- Around the areola, down vertically, and out horizontally: When surgeons want the most “access” to the breast tissues as possible, they use this technique, which features a circular incision around the areola, and then incisions out vertically and horizontally along the crease the of the breast.
You’ll be able to discuss which incision works best for you and your desired results during your consultation with Dr. Bosbous. In many cases, Dr. Bosbous is order to employ the SPAIR technique in order to significantly reduce any scarring when minimizing tissue.
The surgical procedure itself usually takes between 3-4 hours, after which patients will recuperate for a short amount of time on site before returning home for the duration of the recovery.
Recovery from Breast Lift Surgery
Recovery from breast lift surgery will vary from patient to patient. Dr. Bosbous will provide every patient with individualized postoperative instructions designed to maximize their comfort and protect the final results of the procedure.
A typical breast lift recovery timeline might look like the following:
- First 48-36 hours: During the first couple of days of recovery from breast lift, patients may experience some minimal to moderate discomfort. Typically, this comfort is managed by prescription medication (you should not take over the counter pain medication unless it has been cleared by Dr. Bosbous). Patients will typically have to wear a bandage support bra and drainage tubes may be put into place in order to help control swelling.
- Week 1: During the first week, drainage tubes will be removed and bandages will be replaced. By the end of the first three days or so, patients should be able to shower. A compression bandage may still be required, but by the end of the first week, many patients are cleared to go back to work (depending on the duties involved).
- Week 2: By the end of the second week, most patients feel comfortable enough to resume normal, daily activities. Vigorous activities should still be avoided, and your movement might still be limited in certain ways. However, you should be able to perform most daily tasks. Bruising and swelling should continue to subside.
- Week 4-6: Anywhere between four and six weeks is where most patients mark the end of their recovery. By the end of week 4, most patients are able to resume most rigorous activity, though anything that specifically works the chest should be avoided. At the end of six weeks, most patients can resume any and all activities, though you should be cleared by Dr. Bosbous before you consider your recovery “complete.”
All patients will be given detailed postoperative instructions by Dr. Bosbous. Following the breast lift procedure, patients will be sent home in a post-surgical support bra and will be allowed to shower shortly after surgery. Drain tubes may be required depending on the extent of the surgery; however these will only stay in place a short period of time. Although each patient’s postoperative experience may vary, patients typically resume light activity within a few weeks. Vigorous activity must be avoided for 4 weeks after surgery.
Breast Lift Results
Breast lift results can range from subtle to bold, depending on the desires of the patient. But the procedure is nearly always transformational. Breast lift is intended to improve the overall profile of the breasts, so that’s the primary effect that patients tend to notice. In many cases, the breasts will also do a better job of supporting themselves, maintaining a youthful appearance.
Patients will often note an increase in confidence and self esteem after breast lift surgery. In many cases, patients will often speak about how they feel more like their “real” selves–or at least more in tune with their overall body image. In large part that’s because a breast lift can do wonders when it comes to making patients appear–and feel–more youthful.
Breast lift surgery is often paired with other breast enhancement procedures, such as breast augmentation or breast reduction (depending on the desires of the patient). But it is also often performed on its own. The best approach will depend most significantly on the patient’s desire final outcome.
To view before and after photos of actual breast lift patients here.
If you believe mastopexy or mastopexy augmentation surgery is right for you, contact Dr. Bosbous today to set up a complimentary consultation.