Body Contouring After Weight Loss
The Last Step in a Weight Loss Journey
The increasing number of patients undergoing massive weight loss in the Milwaukee area has generated growing interest in body contouring procedures. Achieving a massive weight loss has the ability to positively change your life and improve your overall health dramatically. However, many patients are often left with excess skin and tissue that can make hygiene difficult, cause irritation and rash, as well as limit the ability to exercise. You deserve to see the dramatic contour changes that you have achieved with your weight loss. Dr. Bosbous is the Best Surgeons for Body Contouring and has the ability to help you create a personalized surgical plan to uncover the slender new you.
Dr. Bosbous takes pride is building trusting relationships with his patients in the Milwaukee area. He has an uncompromising attention to detail and takes a highly personalized approach to his procedures. Because people lose weight differently, Dr. Bosbous will provide a unique and tailored surgical plan that best fits your individual needs. Oftentimes a combination of contouring procedures is needed to achieve the best results. Dr. Bosbous will discuss with you a variety of techniques that can help you reach your Best Body Contouring Surgery goals.
Why do People Want Body Contouring Surgery After Weight Loss?
As mentioned above, when patients lose an extreme amount of weight, it takes an extreme amount of effort. Whether as a result of diet and exercise or of bariatric surgery, effecting weight loss requires a long period of extreme discipline and effort. The reward at the end of this long journey is twofold: health and happiness. And while many patients who achieve a massive weight loss do wonders for their health, the journey can feel exceptionally incomplete when the excess tissue and skin left over means that shirts are still required on the beach and pants are still required in the summer.
Patients who have lost a significant amount of weight often, then, still feel uncomfortable in their bodies. The solution is body contouring surgery, which is designed to eliminate excess tissue and generate a more aesthetic and slender profile. Generally, patients feel more confident in their bodies after body contouring procedures—and some studies even suggest that patients who undergo body contouring are more often able to maintain their diminished weights. In short, the primary reason most patients seek out body contouring after massive weight loss is because it helps them finally complete the entire weight loss journey, and they feel wonderful about their size and shape of their bodies afterward.
Am I a Good Candidate for Body Contouring After Weight Loss in Milwaukee?
Because body contouring is such a broad term for a wide variety of procedures, there can also be a wide variety of good candidates for this procedure, and Dr. Bosbous does indeed see a broad array of body contouring patients in Milwaukee. However, our body contouring candidates usually exhibit the following characteristics:
- You have recently completed a substantial weight loss program
- Your weight is now stable
- You are bothered by excess tissue
- You are generally healthy enough for surgery
- You have realistic expectations of what this procedure can accomplish
Body Contouring Procedures
Body contouring is a broad term that encompasses a wide variety of procedures. What these procedures have in common is that they generally aim to remove excess tissue and restore a slender, streamlined profile. How that is accomplished, however, is determined by the area targeted by the body contouring procedures. Below you will find a list of many of the Best Body Contouring Surgery in Milwaukee by Dr. Bosbous.
Arm Lift (Brachioplasty):
This procedure removes the excess loose, hanging skin from the arm reshaping the area between the elbow and the underarm. The end result is a smooth, slender arm.
Breast Lift (Mastopexy):
A breast lift can restore your breasts to a youthful, natural volume and position by removing excess skin and changing the overall appearance of the breast. Depending on your needs, a breast lift can often be done in conjunction with a breast augmentation. For more information on these procedures, refer to our Breast Procedures section.
The SPAIR procedure will reduce the volume of your breast, restoring it to a more long-lasting natural shape and projection. For more information on this procedure, refer to our Breast Reduction page.
Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia):
In male patients who have experienced a massive weight loss, Dr. Bosbous can remove excess skin and fat to help achieve a flatter, more masculine chest appearance. Learn more about gynecomastia procedures click here.
Bra Line Back Lift:
Incisions made along the bra line on your back can help to reduce unsightly bulges in the upper back area. Fat and excess skin are removed to create a smoother contour.
This procedure directly removes excess and hanging abdominal skin.
Monsplasty lifts and contours the mons pubis area (hair bearing skin above the genitals) to restore a more youthful look and assist with personal hygiene.
Body Lift (Lower Body Lift):
A lower body lift will remove excess fat and skin to reshape your buttocks, lower back, and abdomen area. This will cause a dramatic, positive contour change for your body.
This procedure removes the excess skin and fat from your inner thigh area, creating a slimmer look while helping improve hygiene and your ability to exercise.
To view before and after photos of weight-loss patients click here.
The Body Contouring Procedure
Because all of these procedures are widely diverse, it would be impossible to provide exact details on the process of each and every one of those procedures. Generally, however, body contouring is performed in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia, for patient comfort. During the procedure, excess tissue will be removed, and Dr. Bosbous will make every effort to hide scars in discreet areas (for example, under the bikini line or around the armpit—places where people won’t generally notice them).
The duration of the operation—and of the recovery—will, of course, depend on the extent of the procedure you’re having performed.
Recovery and Results
Recovery from body contouring varies based on the type and number of procedures performed. During your consultation, Dr. Bosbous will explain to you the possible risks and benefits of the various procedures as well as the anticipated recovery times. After your surgery has been performed, Dr. Bosbous will provide you with detailed recovery instructions designed to promote healing and protect the results of your procedure. Milwaukee body contouring after weight loss patients typically love their results!
If you’ve recently gone through an extreme weight loss (or even a modest weight loss), and you’re bothered by the remaining excess tissue, contact Dr. Bosbous to get started on completing your journey. Contact us today to schedule a complimentary and confidential consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Body Contouring Surgery?
How Long Does It Take To Recover From Body Contouring?
What Are The Instructions Given By The Surgeon After Body Contouring?
– Take proper care of the drains and change the bandages frequently to avoid any infections
– Don’t do any difficult or tiring activity, but do small movements to avoid blood clots.
– Immediately report to the clinic in case of any complications or discomfort.
– Avoid going out in the sun for a few weeks.
– Have complete medications on hand including capsules, ointments, and bandages to manage pain or prevent infection.
How Do You Prepare For Body Contouring?
Furthermore, you shouldn’t take any kind of blood thinners or painkillers for at least one week prior to your body contouring procedure in order to reduce bruising. You can discuss with your plastic surgeon related to how much weight you need to lose, what diet plan you need to follow, and what exercises to do regularly to help you recover following the procedure.
What Are The Most Common Surgical Options For Body Contouring After Massive Weight Loss?
The most common surgical options for body contouring after massive weight loss are mentioned below:
- Tummy Tuck- Also referred to as abdominoplasty, this procedure removes excess skin around the stomach and abdomen. By removing the excess skin and fat tissue from the lower and middle abdominal regions of the body to tighten wall muscles, the procedure’s goal is to sculpt your waistline and make your abdomen look firmer and thinner.
- Breast Lift- Your breasts may appear deflated after a substantial reduction in weight. Because of this, breast lift surgery is amongst the most popular procedures performed following a significant weight loss. A breast lift, also referred to as mastopexy, is a procedure that raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the breast contour.
- Arm Lift- After a person experiences extreme weight loss, “batwing,” or extra skin hanging along the upper arm, is a frequent struggle. The arm lift procedure serves to combat this. This procedure tightens tissues above the elbow, removes sagging skin and fat, and restores a toned, youthful arm.
- Thigh Lift- This procedure is also known as Thighplasty and includes extracting extra skin and fat from the thighs to give them a stiffer, firmer impression. The choice of an inner or outer thigh lift, or both, is entirely up to the individual.
- Lower Body Lift- People who have lost a lot of weight and have loose, sagging skin frequently undergo a lower body lift surgery. This procedure is also referred to as belt lipectomy in which the excess skin and tissue are removed from the outer thighs and buttocks. The loose skin on the outside of the thighs and buttocks can be dramatically tightened with this procedure.
How Do I Know If I'm A Good Candidate?
The perfect candidate for this procedure is a person who:
– Wants to get rid of excess fat from multiple areas of the body such as thighs, abdomen, breasts, hips, and arms.
– Wants to tighten the loosened skin of the body.
– Wants to reduce the cellulite from the body areas like thighs.
– Are not significantly overweight or with a BMI of 30 or more.
– Don’t have any kind of medical restrictions such as pregnancy, skin infections, or similar conditions.
Even though surgery can enhance your overall appearance, each patient recovers differently and experiences a range of outcomes. You can discuss expected results by scheduling a consulation with Dr. Bosbous.
What Are The Instructions To Follow After Body Contouring?
The instructions you need to follow after the body contouring are mentioned below:
- Take only the medications that are provided or approved by your surgeon for pain, nausea, and constipation.
- A light low-fat diet is recommended to take after the surgery. You can start with the liquids for the initial few hours and then can slowly start having solid foods.
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol for a few days after the surgery or till the time you are in the recovery period.
- Make sure that movement is very important such as walking, and moving your legs and ankles when you are lying down in bed or on the couch.
- You need to wear a compression garment for at least 4 – 6 weeks in case you have undergone liposuction.
- Avoid driving for a day or two after the surgery.
- Don’t take a hot tub bath or swim until your incisions are properly healed and approved by your doctor.
- Keep your incision area clean and covered with a waterproof bandage.
Consult A Doctor Online Now!
- Testimonials -
What People Say
"Dr. Bosbous and his team exceeded all my expectations. I am a year post-op, and I am delighted with my results. What you can expect: thorough, thoughtful explanation of the process; compassion and respect; professionalism and yet approachable, friendly demeanor."
- Kara N.
"Everything about my procedure was wonderful. I could not be happier."
- Amy K.
"The absolute best experience ever! So friendly, professional and knowledgeable. My results are excellent! The whole process went smoothly without complications. I see the results that I went in for."
- Kim N.
"Absolutely loving my post op results! Dr. Bosbous and his entire staff made me feel very comfortable and validated my concerns from the get go. I'm very happy with my decision to have surgery AND to have Dr. Bosbous perform it. Thank you!!!"
- Shellie S.
"The whole experience was wonderful. The medical staff is so caring and Dr. Bosbous is extremely skilled. I love my results."
- Amy L.