Get Your Breast Augmentation in Milwaukee
For women, breast size and symmetry can play an important role in having a positive self-image. Women seek the best surgeons for breast Augmentation in Wisconsin in order to achieve a fuller, more balanced figure. The decision to pursue a breast augmentation procedure is never taken lightly, and there are many factors that must be considered. Decisions regarding breast implant type and size, as well as incision placement and whether or not to combine augmentation with a breast lift procedure will all play a role in helping to meet your goals and expectations.
Dr. Bosbous understands that each and every patient has a unique set of concerns and goals, and he strives to provide a personal, one-of-a-kind consultation experience. He will walk you through the process step-by-step, and partner with you to achieve your goals through a personalized surgical plan. Dr. Bosbous takes pride in helping his Milwaukee breast augmentation patients enhance their positive self-image with the help of the best breast implants in Milwaukee.
Why a Breast Augmentation?
Women pursue breast augmentation for a wide variety of reasons. Often, these reasons include increasing a feeling of self-esteem or self-confidence. Many women, in fact, pursue more modestly sized implants because they want to improve their overall proportions—in other words, they want a bust measurement that compliments their hip measurements. Women who have undergone breast augmentation procedures often report fitting into clothing better, which goes a long way towards augmenting self-esteem and self-confidence.
Other times, breast augmentation procedures may be done to correct asymmetry problems, when one breast is noticeably larger than the other. In these cases, generally, an implant is inserted into one breast, though occasionally, one breast gets a larger implant and the other gets a smaller implant. At the end of the day, both breasts are generally symmetrical, which, as noted above, can lead to a substantial increase in self-confidence for these patients.
Ultimately, the decision to undergo a breast augmentation procedure is up to the candidate.
Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation in Milwaukee?
Breast augmentation is an incredibly popular procedure, but we still like to make sure it’s a good fit for candidates who come to Milwaukee Plastic Surgery. Generally, successful candidates for breast augmentation have some of the following characteristics:
- You want larger breasts than you currently have
- You are generally healthy enough for surgery
- You have maintained a stable weight
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are interested in this procedure for your own reasons, not due to pressure from others
- You have realistic expectations about what this procedure can accomplish
The Breast Augmentation Procedure
Once you have decided to move forward with a breast augmentation, it is critical to choose the right & best breast augmentation surgeon near you with extensive training and experience helping women achieve their breast surgery goals. Your augmentation procedure will begin with a highly personalized consultation with Dr. Bosbous where he will discuss your options and give you a step-by-step description of the procedure. Following a brief examination, he will offer his recommendations on the following topics:
- Implant material (silicone gel or saline)
- Implant type (round or teardrop shaped)
- Implant position (above or below the muscle)
- Incision Method
He will also discuss the risks and complications that may occur after surgery including swelling, bleeding, infection, and capsular contracture.
The most common form of breast implant is constructed of silicone. Modern silicone implants are incredibly safe and reliable, and they produce a natural-looking and feeling final result. There are still some cases where saline is used, but this is increasingly uncommon. Silicone implants also offer several key safety features, perhaps most important among them are cohesive silicone gel fill and improved thicker silicone shells. The newest implants to gain FDA approval are the highly cohesive anatomic shaped implants, sometimes referred to as “gummy bear” implants.
Dr. Bosbous has extensive experience using these devices, which is extremely important given the techniques required to place them. Dr. Bosbous strives for exceptional results while always considering patient safety. He uses only MENTOR™ breast implants as they are the only company to manufacture their implants in the United States.
The augmentation procedure itself consists of making a small access incision typically in the inframammary fold (under the breast) or around the nipple areolar complex. Dr. Bosbous will then carefully create a space (pocket) for the implant to be placed either above or below the pectoralis major muscle. A temporary sizing implant is then placed within the pocket and you will be placed into the upright sitting position to assess size and symmetry of the breasts. The sizing implants are then removed and the final implant is then selected and carefully inserted. Dr. Bosbous will close the incisions with absorbable sutures, eliminating the need for suture removal postoperatively.
To view before and after photos of actual breast augmentation patients here.
Recovery and Results
You will be given detailed instructions prior to your procedure regarding preoperative and postoperative care. Breast augmentation is an outpatient procedure and will be performed in a fully accredited hospital or surgical center to insure your safety. The 90 minute procedure will be done under a general anesthesia for your comfort, and Dr. Bosbous will make every effort to minimize risk and complications.
Immediate recovery from your breast augmentation will take an average of 3-5 days. Additional minor swelling and bruising may last 10-14 days. Depending on the nature of your job, you will be able to return to work about a week after your procedure and resume exercise and vigorous activity 4 weeks after your breast augmentation when cleared by Dr. Bosbous. You will notice the increased size in the breast immediately, but it’s also not uncommon for the implants to take several weeks to settle into their final positions.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
How long your breast augmentation recovery takes will vary depending on a few different factors, including the scope of work performed and your body’s own natural healing factors. During your initial consultation with Dr. Bosbous, you’ll be able to discuss your possible breast augmentation recovery timeline and receive individualized answers specific to your case.
While there is significant variation, most breast augmentation recoveries will follow these broad strokes:
- Immediate postoperative: Due to the anesthetic, you will have a hard time focusing and you’ll probably feel pretty disoriented. It’s important that you have someone to drive you home and someone to stay with you overnight. Your breasts will be wrapped in elastic before you leave, in order to help support them during recovery.
- Day 1-2: After the first twenty four hours, you’ll be able to remove your cover dressings. However, the derma bond tapes will need to be left in place for roughly 4 weeks. Many patients will be allowed to shower after passing the 48 hour mark, but still water (such as bathtubs or jacuzzis) should still be avoided for up to four weeks.
- Day 4-7: During the first few days of your recovery, it’s likely that you’ll be given a prescription to manage your discomfort. After the fourth day, you should be able to move off of narcotic pain relievers and switch to Tylenol and ibuprofen to help manage discomfort. You may continue to cover your incisions, as needed, with gauze during this time. Additionally, most patients return to work sometime during the first week after their procedure, but this is variable. By the seventh day of post-op, Dr. Bosbous will typically begin working on displacement exercises with the patient.
- Days 8-14: During the second week of recovery, most patients are able to stop taking medication for discomfort. At the end of this two week period, you may be able to start working in some light exercise, depending on how well you’re healing.
- Day 28: After four weeks or so, you should be able to fully resume almost all normal activities, such as vigorous exercise.
It’s important to note that during your recovery period, bruising and swelling will be common. And should recede during the first few weeks of your recovery. You may also notice some tightness in your chest muscles as the implants settle into place.
It’s essential that you avoid wearing an underwire bra during your recovery period. Most patients prefer to wear a sports bra during this period. Dr. Bosbous does not typically require a compression garment or surgical bra be worn.
Every patient will receive individualized recovery instructions and care based on your situation and your desired outcome. Patients will also check in with Dr. Bosbous regularly to ensure that they are healing at the desired pace. These recovery instructions are designed to help protect your results and ensure your comfort, so it’s vital that patients follow Dr. Bosbous’s recovery instructions.
Your Breast Augmentation Results
Once your recovery is complete, you’ll be able to fully appreciate your breast augmentation results. Those results will be immediately noticeable once your procedure is complete, but swelling may obscure the final shape of your breasts.
Once their results are fully visible, most patients remark on how youthful and fit they tend to look. Breast augmentation can improve the symmetry of the breasts and the proportions of the body. When coupled with a breast lift procedure, breast augmentation can also improve the overall orientation of the breasts.
Many patients have remarked on a big boost to their confidence and self esteem once their transformation has been completed.
Get Started on Your Transformation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Breast augmentation is a relatively common, low-risk procedure, but that doesn’t mean you want to leave anything to chance. Dr. Bosbous is a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in performing breast augmentation procedures. His patients love their results. So if you’re thinking about your own breast augmentation procedure, don’t pass up the peace of mind that comes with consulting with a board-certified, experienced best surgeon for breast augmentation near you.
To get started on your aesthetic transformation, contact Milwaukee Plastic Surgery to schedule a complimentary and confidential plastic surgery consultation right away!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Recovery Time Following Breast Augmentation Surgery?
A. The recovery time following breast augmentation surgery can vary depending on the individual patient and the specific surgical method used. However, most of Dr. Bosbous’s patients return to the majority of their normal activities within 48 to 72 hours after their surgery. In general, most patients can expect to experience some degree of discomfort, swelling, and bruising for several days after the surgery. It is important to follow your plastic surgeon’s post-operative instructions closely to ensure proper healing and reduce the risk of complications.
You may be advised to wear a supportive bra or compression garment, avoid strenuous activities or heavy lifting, and take prescribed medications to manage pain and prevent infection. Most patients can return to work shortly after their surgery, but more strenuous activities, such as exercise or heavy lifting, should be avoided for several weeks. Full recovery may take several weeks to several months, during which time the swelling will gradually subside, and the final results of the surgery will become apparent.
What Happens At The Initial Consultation For Breast Augmentation?
A. The initial consultation for breast augmentation is an important step in the process of considering breast augmentation surgery. During this consultation, the plastic surgeon will examine your current breast size and shape, and explain the best options available to you. Things that generally happen during an initial consultation for breast augmentation are mentioned below:
Discussion Of Your Medical History: The surgeon will ask about your medical history, including any previous surgeries, medications you are currently taking, and any medical conditions you have. This information is necessary to determine if you are a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery.
Physical Examination: The surgeon will perform a physical examination of your breasts, taking measurements and noting the shape and size of your breasts, as well as the position of your nipples.
Discussion of Goals: You will discuss your goals for breast augmentation, including the desired size and shape of your breasts, and the type of implant you would prefer.
Discussion of Implant Options: The surgeon will explain the different types of implants available, including saline and silicone implants, and the pros and cons of each type.
Review of Risks And Complications: The surgeon will explain the risks and complications associated with breast augmentation surgery, including infection, bleeding, scarring, implant rupture, and changes in nipple sensation.
The surgeon will also discuss the type of anaesthesia that will be used during the surgery. Depending on the surgeon’s preference and the patient’s medical history and preferences, either general anaesthesia or local anaesthesia with sedation may be used. It is important for the patient to fully understand the surgical procedure and anaesthesia options before making a decision to undergo breast augmentation surgery.
What Age Is Best For Breast Augmentation?
A. The perfect age for a breast augmentation procedure varies depending on individual circumstances, such as physical development, personal preference, and emotional maturity. But still, it is recommended by surgeons that women should wait until their breasts get completely developed, before undergoing breast augmentation. Usually, breasts develop completely by the age of 18 or older, so breast augmentation is recommended after this age. Also, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approves saline implants for women who are 18 years of age or older, and silicone implants for women who are at least 22 years old.
What Are The Risks Associated With Breast Augmentation?
A. Breast augmentation also referred to as augmentation mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure that involves placing breast implants to increase the size and improve the shape of the breasts. It is important to discuss the risks and benefits of breast augmentation with a board-certified plastic surgeon before undergoing the procedure. While breast augmentation is generally safe just like any other kind of surgery, it does carry certain risks too which are mentioned below:
- Infection: Any surgical procedure can carry a risk of infection, and breast augmentation is no exception. Infections can occur in the incision site, in the implant pocket, or in the breast tissue itself. If you don’t treat the infection on time, it can lead to more serious complications.
- Implant Rupture or Leak: When breast implants rupture or leak, it can cause a change in the size, shape, or feel of the breast. when a saline implant ruptures, the saline will get absorbed by the body and the breast will deflate. When a silicone implant ruptures, silicone can leak into lymph nodes or breast tissue, which can be unsafe.
- Blood Clot: It is a collection of blood that can accumulate around the implant which can cause problems such as swelling, pain, and discomfort
- Changes in Nipple or Breast Sensation: The breast augmentation procedure can damage the nerves of the breast, which can cause changes in nipple or breast sensation.
- Scarring: Any procedure can result in scarring, including breast augmentation. By selecting a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon and adhering to post-operative care instructions, scarring can be reduced.
- Anaesthesia: As with any surgery, breast augmentation involves the use of anaesthesia, which carries certain risks like the possibility of an allergic reaction or respiratory issues.
How Long Does Breast Augmentation Take?
A. The duration of a breast augmentation surgery may differ depending on various factors including the procedure performed, the complexity of the procedure, and the experience of the plastic surgeon. The procedure typically takes 2-3 hours start to finish.
How Can I Determine What Size Is Right For Me?
A. Even though implants are measured differently than bra cups, Dr Bosbous can recommend an implant size that will help you reach a particular cup size. The sizes of breast implants vary between 150 ccs to 700 ccs. The breast implants are basically measured in cc (cubic centimeters) and for every 150 to 200 ccs of implants, you may expect to go up 1 or 1.5 cup sizes.
Selecting the right size of breast implant is a highly personal choice that completely depends on various aspects, such as the shape of your body, desired results, and your overall health. The plastic surgeon will carefully select the implant size and location to fit each patient specifically during the consultation. It’s necessary to be realistic regarding the procedure’s final result you may achieve with the breast implants.
How Long Do Breast Implants Last?
A. Generally speaking, breast implants may last for ten to twenty years or longer. It’s important to keep in mind, though, that breast implants are not permanent, and they might eventually need to be removed or replaced. The durability of breast implants might differ depending on several variables, such as the type of implant, its location, its age, and personal factors like lifestyle and hereditary factors. Breast implant replacement is frequently required due to issues such as implant rupture or leakage, capsular contracture (hardening of the tissue around the implant), changes in breast physical appearance caused by weight gain or loss, and a desire to switch the size or type of implant.
What Should I Avoid After Breast Augmentation Surgery?
A. After you undergo breast augmentation surgery, it’s very important to give your body plenty of time to recover. It is important to follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions closely to ensure a smooth and successful recovery. If you have any concerns or questions, don’t hesitate to contact your surgeon. A few things you should avoid immediately after your breast augmentation procedure are mentioned below:
- You should not drive for at least 24 to 48 hours after your breast augmentation surgery, as the anaesthesia may affect your ability to drive safely. Instead, you may ask your family or a friend to drive you back home after the procedure.
- Avoid doing any kind of strenuous activities, such as heavy lifting, for at least two to three weeks after your surgery. This will help to ensure that your incisions get healed properly and that your implants settle into their final position.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption for at least two weeks after your surgery as it may slow down your healing process and increase the risk of infection and complications.
- You need to sleep on your back with your head and shoulders elevated, for a few weeks after your surgery. It will help to reduce the swelling and pressure on your chest.
- Don’t skip or miss any of your scheduled appointments with your plastic surgeon. Follow-up appointments are essential for monitoring your healing progress and ensuring that no complications are occurring.
Consult A Doctor Online Now!
- Testimonials -
What People Say
"Dr. Bosbous and his team exceeded all my expectations. I am a year post-op, and I am delighted with my results. What you can expect: thorough, thoughtful explanation of the process; compassion and respect; professionalism and yet approachable, friendly demeanor."
- Kara N.
"Everything about my procedure was wonderful. I could not be happier."
- Amy K.
"The absolute best experience ever! So friendly, professional and knowledgeable. My results are excellent! The whole process went smoothly without complications. I see the results that I went in for."
- Kim N.
"Absolutely loving my post op results! Dr. Bosbous and his entire staff made me feel very comfortable and validated my concerns from the get go. I'm very happy with my decision to have surgery AND to have Dr. Bosbous perform it. Thank you!!!"
- Shellie S.
"The whole experience was wonderful. The medical staff is so caring and Dr. Bosbous is extremely skilled. I love my results."
- Amy L.