The Right Time to Get Plastic Surgery for Weddings
Even though it might not feel like it, depending on the day of the week, Winter is quickly giving way to Spring. Soon we’ll be appreciating green grass and blooming flowers and the sun will be in the sky for longer than three or four hours. Spring is also the beginning of wedding season, which stretches well into summer and fall. Because of this, we thought that now would be a good time to talk about how plastic surgery can help you get ready for wedding season—whether the wedding is yours or you’re simply a guest.
After all, weddings are relatively important social events. It’s easy to see why many people use this as an opportunity to look their absolute best. Some of the reasons patients seek out plastic surgery for a wedding include the following:
- Weddings provide an opportunity to see friends and relatives that you might not have seen in a while (and it’s nice to look good for them)
- Weddings are heavily photographed—however you look is how you will be remembered for years to come
- Weddings can be stressful events, especially for members of the wedding party; cosmetic procedures such as Botox or dermal fillers can help make you look more rested
- Many patients feel as though weddings provide a valid reason to spoil themselves—or at least spend some time focused on rejuvenation
Popular Procedures for the Wedding Season
Many patients who come in with an impending wedding on the horizon are looking to improve the overall appearance of the face. To be sure, many of these patients are coming in with a wild variety of desired final results—and a variety of starting places as well. The procedure that works best for you will likely depend heavily on those two aspects: where you are and where you want to be. But it will also depend on time. Surgical procedures can require several weeks or months to properly heal, where non-invasive procedures can get to their “final” results a little bit more quickly.
- Surgical Procedures: There are many popular surgical procedures among those planning to attend or be in a wedding. Among those procedures are blepharoplasty, which removes excess skin from around the eye (making the eyes look much more alert, radiant, and youthful). Also perennially popular is the facelift procedure, which removes excess skin, lines, and wrinkles, from the face in its entirety.
- Non Surgical Procedures: Also popular among those getting ready for wedding season are non surgical procedures such as Botox injections or dermal filler injections. Though they operate by different mechanisms, both Botox and dermal filler injections are designed to mitigate wrinkles and lines—and the results will show quickly with almost no downtime. The results are usually temporary, but they should last through the wedding, at least.
If you’re looking at a surgical procedure such as a facelift, you’ll probably want to give yourself at least two months before the wedding. A non surgical procedure such as a Botox injection should require only a couple of week lead time before the ceremony.
Not Just the Face
While many patients are concerned primarily about the appearance of their face, it’s not the only place that people are looking to tighten up before a wedding. Two other procedures that many decide to get before the big day are liposuction and tummy tuck procedures (in many ways, they go hand in hand).
- Liposuction: Designed to eliminate stubborn areas of fat that do not respond to diet or exercise, liposuction is a common way to ensure you have the body size and shape that you want. Many will get liposuction before a wedding to ensure that everything fits the way it should (and the way you want it to). But you’ll want to give yourself a couple of months to recover from the procedure before the ceremony begins. In fact, you will likely want to schedule your liposuction around six months before your wedding. Don’t worry, the wait will be worth it!
- Tummy Tuck: Many patients who get a liposuction procedure around the belly will also get a tummy tuck. This procedure is designed to eliminate excess skin and tissue around the belly area, making the tummy appear firmer and slimmer. Sometimes it’s a significant weight loss that causes that excess tissue to form, sometimes it’s just the course of your life. Tummy tuck is a great option to get a more youthful looking belly area, so it’s popular among many patients.
As with other plastic surgery procedures, you’ll definitely want to start discussions with Dr. Bosbous as quickly as possible so you ample time to recover after any surgical procedure.
Look Great and Feel Great
Weddings are a great opportunity to let loose and celebrate all that life has to offer. For many of our patients, it’s easier to feel confident, cool, and beautiful when they’re comfortable in their own skin. One way to do that is through these plastic surgery procedures. It should come as no surprise, then, that plastic surgery for weddings is a growing trend—not just in Milwaukee and Wisconsin, but across the entire country.
If you’re interested in getting plastic surgery for your wedding, contact Dr. Bosbous to schedule a confidential consultation and get the process started right away!